Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Me and Music

I listen to a lot of different types of music. The type of music i listen to usually depends on how I'm feeling. The musical styles that i listen to are; Alternative Rock, Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Electronic. I listen to a lot of different types of music but i listed what i most frequently listen to. Most of the Indie Rock/Pop bands i listen to were influenced by alternative rockers like Nirvana, the Pixies and the Cure.

I still enjoy listening to older alternative rock but i spend most of my time listening to current indie rock bands. Some of my favorites are Stars, The Postal Service, Tokyo Police Club and Vampire Weekend. I have not been to any live shows but i hope that will change in the future.

My mom has no problem with what i listen to. The music i listen to doesn't influence any bad behavior so i suppose that could be why she doesn't have a problem with it. When i was younger i would listen to rap just for another reason to rebel against my parents. Thinking back it was pretty stupid.

My music tastes are a lot different than my father's. He listens to country and i don't ever see myself enjoying listening to that. I think that he is drawn to it more because he lives in the south. I don't know anyone else that likes country in Minnesota.

I think that some kids when they're younger tend to listen to music that make their parents angry just for their amusement. As i matured i strayed away from that kind of mentality and began listening to music that i enjoyed and could relate to. I think that is why my father listens to country. I'm sure that is the case for many others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment